Friday 18 September 2020

B.Com (part-1) University of the Punjab 2014

Section A 
Q.1 (a) Give short answers with examples. (10)
(i) Causative verbs
(ii) Reciprocal pronouns
(iii) Phrase
(iv) Alphabet
(v) Gerunds
(b) Do as directed. (10) 
(i) She ate mangoes (turn into negative)
(ii) He uses nothing (turn into interrogative) 
(iii) The earth is round. (mood) 
(iv) She is such a girl, who never weeps. (correct it) 
(v) Many a men were going. (correct it) 
Q.3. Do as directed. 
(a) Change the numbers. (05) 
Basis, focus, leaf, photo, Addendum
(b) Give Antonyms (05)
      Accept, Adhere, Agree, Brave,
 (c)  Change the Genders. (05)                                 
       Actor, Lass, Governor, Emperor, Stag
 (D)      Turn into Verbs.  (5)
        Strong, Life, Loss, Pure, Pleasure
 Q,3 (a)  Put in Articles,(05)
  ( I)  He is ------- honest person,
 (II)  ------- little money, I had was lost,
  (III) He caught me by ------- neck
  (Iv)  He has got -------- headache.
(V)  He gave me --------  one-rupee note.
 (b)  Use the right prepositions (05)
 (I)   He was apprised--------- my arrival
 (II) He  is accustomed -------it
 (III) She desisted --------- going.
 (IV) She is indifferent --------- my pain.
  (V)  He is endowed ------- many qualities.
   (c)  Put in the right Verbs.(05)                                                
    (I)  He would go if you (ask) him.
    (II) He will  (die) by the morning.
    (III) He (is) ill for 3 days.
    (IV) where (be) you yesterday.
     (V)  Tow and two (make) four.
     (d) One word practice (05)                                                         
      (I)  Against  law 
      (II) That which easily breaks.
      (III) He who eats to much .
       (IV)That which results in death.
       (V) That which lasts forever .
    Q.4.(a)  Change the narration. (10)                                                   
        (1)  She said to me, "Do you know me?"
         (2) She said to me, "What do you eat?"
         (3) I said to her," I know you and your family much."
         (4) He said to me ," Do not break my pen."
         (5) She asked me if I was ill  or not.
         (b) Change the voice (10)                                                            
         (I) She is waiting for me 
         (II) Aslam uses unfair means.
         (III) Does he know us? 
         (IV) Why did you call me yesterday .
          (V) Where are the workers being taken by the officer?
      Q.5(a) Use the right options .(05)                                                       
           (I)  He is gaining -------------- (wait,   weight )
           (II) She has a beautiful------------(vice, voice)
           (III)We lack -----------------  (Union ,unity)
           (IV) His feet were -------------- (soar, sore)
           (V)  He was there -----------------(Born ,Borne)
           (b)  Name the parts of speech.(10)                                                  
                 We looked for him everywhere .
           (c)  Use in your own sentences. (10)
            (I) Make Faces
           (II) Keep up appearances 
           (III)Give up the ghost 
          (IV)  Hue and cry 
           (V)  Heart and soul 
                                                            Section - B
      Q.6 What is a precis? Give its rules .   (5)

        Read the passage and answer the questions .

        Man cannot live with out  a society . He cannot live alone .He must live with his fellow -beings. But living in a society means co-operation with the other members of the society .When you live in a society , you have to live as others live . You have to accept the conditions and traditions ,that a society prescribes for it members .These conditions and standards of behaviour are for the common good and welfare of the society  and individuals .society gives you some rights and some duties .

  Questions .

1.   What does 'living in society' mean?                              (3)

2.    What conditions and standards of behaviour ,have you to accept?       (3)

3.   Can a man ,alone ,lead his life successfully ?                (3)

4.   Make a precis with a suitable title .                                (11)

Q.8. Write an essay on ONE of the following topics.          (20)

1. Earth Quakes.

2. The impotence of Commerce Education 

3. The Role of Banks 

4.  Dignity of Labour .


 


                

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment